Plan For Clinical Practice Change
Implementing Collaborative Care requires significant -- and oftentimes challenging -- clinical practice change. Clinics must clearly define team member roles, create a workflow, and identify how to track treatment and outcomes. Each team member should understand Collaborative Care before beginning this step! Review Lay the Foundation if necessary.
Your implementation leader or someone on your planning team should guide this step (see Identify Your Champions for more information about these roles).
- Identify all Collaborative Care team members and organize them for training
- Identify a population-based tracking system for your organization
- Develop a clinical flowchart and detailed action plan for your care team
- Develop a plan for funding, space, human resources, and other administrative needs
- Develop a plan to merge Collaborative Care monitoring and reporting outcomes into existing quality improvement efforts