Lay the Foundation
A crucial first step in implementing the Collaborative Care model (CoCM) is understanding how it will fundamentally change your practice. It is a new way of doing medicine and requires an openness to creating a new vision. Don't skip this step! We can’t emphasize enough how important it is.
- Develop an understanding of the Collaborative Care approach, including its history, guiding principles, and evidence base
- Develop strong advocacy for CoCM within organizational leadership and among the clinical team
- Create a unified vision for CoCM with respect to your overall mission and quality improvement efforts
- Develop a comprehensive sustainment plan
- Assess the difference between your organization's current care model compared to a Collaborative Care model